Bottom of the Cup
7435 Spout Springs Road, Flowery Branch
· Open since: April
· Location: Bottom of the Cup is off Spout Springs Road in Flowery Branch.
"We chose this area because of its rapid growth and the proximity to all the golf courses," owner Gary Hall said.
· Hours: Bottom of the Cup is open from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. every day
· Owner: Hall, who lives in Gainesville, said Bottom of the Cup is his first restaurant-type venture, and he intended the establishment to be a clubhouse for area golf courses.
· Atmosphere: With custom woodwork and a granite-top bar, Bottom of the Cup is an upscale establishment that caters to avid golfers. The most prominent features of the establishment are the four state-of-the-art Full Swing indoor golf simulators.
Hall describes Bottom of the Cup as a cocktail-type establishment, and high-top table, bar and patio seating are available.
· Menu: Manager Keith Nash said the most popular item on the menu is the hamburger.
"Without a doubt," Nash said of the 10 ounce monster that's served with options such as bacon, chili, American, cheddar, provolone and Swiss cheeses, mushrooms, onions, tomatoes and lettuce.
"Some people like to put everything on the burger and it comes out 7 inches tall," Nash said.
"Most people don't finish it. It's a to-go box burger," Hall added. "That's what it should be called."
Bottom of the Cup also offers health-conscious selections with the Caesar and mixed greens salads.
Hall said his establishment prides itself on two main things in its bar: "I have a very large wine selection, and I have a very large and very thorough Scotch collection," Hall said. "I carry a number of different brands all the way up to 30-year-old Scotch."
· Things you might not know: Bottom of the Cup is an 18-and-older establishment.
SideBar: On the menu
· Sleeve of meatballs - A platter of meatballs over teriyaki or barbecue sauce lined with cheddar, pepper jack and Swiss cheese cubes, $7
· Grouper sandwich - Grilled or fried fish served with lettuce, tomato and onion, $11
· The Tiger Dinner - Ten jumbo shrimp grilled or fried served with fries and coleslaw, $12