Big Fish Seafood Grill
6385 Spalding Drive, Suite E, Norcross
· Open since: 2005
· Location: Big Fish Seafood Grill is at the corner of Holcomb Bridge Road and Spalding Drive in Norcross
· Hours: 11:30 a.m. to p.m. Sunday through Thursday and 11:30 a.m. to 10 p.m. Friday and Saturday, with lunch served until 3 p.m. Monday through Friday
· Owner: Johns Creek resident Nick Caliendo, who previously owned Nicky's Seafood of Atlanta
· Atmosphere: Big Fish Seafood Grill plays on the nautical theme with its indoor and outdoor decor, from boats and lighthouses to shells and fishing nets. The restaurant interior is similar to a boathouse with booth and table seating as well as barstools at the bar area.
· Menu: While Big Fish primarily serves seafood, the menu is rounded out with steak, chicken and pasta. Seafood selections include tilapia, catfish, salmon, tuna, scallops, oysters, shrimp, squid and crab.
Caliendo said popular lunch menu items include wraps - a choice of tilapia, white fish, shrimp or chicken grilled or blackened and wrapped with lettuce and tomato in a honey wheat tortilla and served with French fries - and the New Orleans-style po-boys - fried, grilled or blackened tilapia, white fish, shrimp, oysters or chicken are served on a fresh hoagie roll with lettuce, tomato and pickle with a side of fries and cole slaw.
Homemade desserts include turtle cheese cake, key lime pie, peach cobbler and ice cream.
· Things you might not know: Big Fish Seafood Grill will undergo renovations in the next few weeks, with a 1,200-foot expansion of the dining area and the addition of a covered patio that will be heated during the winter months. The renovations will be completed Oct. 27, and Big Fish will be open for business during its regular hours as renovations will be done during nonbusiness hours.