Thursday, November 27, 2008
© Copyright 2015
Gwinnett Daily Post
LILBURN - Fire officials said a bedroom space heater may have been to blame for a Tuesday night fire in Lilburn.
Firefighters responded at 9:18 p.m. to a two-story home in the 4000 block of Pecan Court and quickly doused the fire, which was mostly confined to the bedroom, said Fire Department spokesman Capt. Thomas Rutledge.
"The fire appears accidental," he said, "and may have been caused by a space heater that was placed too close to a mattress."
No injuries were reported.
Officials contacted the Red Cross to assist three adults displaced by the damage.