So, you think you're good at movie trivia? Every week, we give readers the opportunity to flex their movie muscles by answering five trivia questions from our movie critic, Michael Clark.
Congratulations to last week's winner, Victoria Dixon of Lawrenceville.
Here are last week's questions again and the answers:
1. Name the British knight who appeared in three of the top 15 grossing films of all time.
A: Sir Ian McKellen, who played Gandalf in the "Lord of the Rings" trilogy.
2. Name a performer to receive a best lead actor Oscar nomination in a Disney movie.
A: Johnny Depp in "Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl."
3. Name two movies starring Richard Gere that were initially offered to but turned down by John Travolta.
A: Possible answers included: "American Gigolo," "An Officer and a Gentleman" and "Chicago."
4. What late '70s romantic comedy received Oscar nominations for its two directors?
A: Warren Beatty and Buck Henry received nominations for "Heaven Can Wait."
5. What is the common acting bond shared by Christopher Reeve and Shia LaBeouf?
A: Both hosted "Saturday Night Live" and both played the lead character in remakes of "Rear Window."
Now, for this week's questions:
1. What movie's closing lines of dialogue included "Hey dad, want to have a catch?"
2. Name an actress to win an Oscar for a performance in her first movie.
3. What singer was included in a party scene in "Pulp Fiction" only to have her performance end up on the cutting room floor?
4. How many performers appearing in "The Godfather" trilogy received acting Oscar nominations?
5. What movie made the most money ever at the box office in a single weekend?
The first person to respond with all the correct answers receives a prize package of movie-related goodies, which could include promotional T-shirts, hats, posters, DVDs, video games and more. The winner also gets their name published in the next Weekend section. Please e-mail your answers, along with your name to firstname.lastname@example.org. Include "Gwinnett Daily Post Trivia Contest" in the subject line. In the event no one answers all of the questions correctly, the person with the most correct answers submitted by 6 p.m. the Monday after the contest is posted will be the winner. Only one winner per household is eligible each 30-day period.