Two men arrested in drug-related shooting death

STONE MOUNTAIN - Gwinnett police arrested two men Thursday - including a Decatur hip-hop promoter nicknamed "lil cuz" - in connection with a January murder in Stone Mountain.

Police said the men were accomplices in a pair of drug-related shootings at the Highland Grove apartment complex Jan. 30 in which one man died.

Both suspects - Rosby Eugene Cobb, 20, of Decatur and Dalva Ray Wilson, 21, of Stone Mountain - were arrested without incident in their DeKalb County homes, said Gwinnett police spokesman Officer David Schiralli.

Cobb, who goes by the moniker "lil cuz", is a member of the Black Cartel, a local group of hip-hop and fashion promoters, according to jail records and his MySpace page.

Police charged both men with murder and aggravated assault. Wilson also faces a charge of weapons possession during the commission of a crime. They remain without bond at the Gwinnett County Jail.

Schiralli said investigators have linked the suspects to the murder of South Carolina resident Dedric Daquan Thompson, 28, and the attempted murder of another man from that state. The wounded man, who police did not name, was treated at Gwinnett Medical Center.

An arrest warrant indicates the shootings were drug-related.

Police found both victims in a parking area of the apartment complex, located on Glenn Club Drive near U.S. Highway 78. Thompson died slumped over in the passenger seat of a gold Acura, while the survivor was found about 10 feet away in a pool of blood, police said.

Both victims were shot in the head.

Investigators believe another man, Malcolm Johnson, 19, of Stone Mountain, actually pulled the trigger in the shootings, Schiralli said. He is charged with murder, aggravated assault and weapons possession during commission of a crime in Gwinnett, though he remains in the DeKalb County Jail on separate charges, Schiralli said.

"He was picked up after the murder" but before he was suspected in the Stone Mountain crimes, Schiralli said.

DeKalb jail records show Johnson has been arrested twice since the alleged murder - Feb. 5 on battery, assault and weapons charges and Feb. 14 for weapons charges and marijuana possession.