LILBURN - Killian Hill Baptist Church and Christian School received a special-use permit Monday night from the Lilburn City Council to construct an athletic playing field and athletic building for its campus sports facilities on its property on Arcado Road.
The issuance of this permit, which must be renewed annually, required several conditions:
· Sports activities must be held between 8 a.m. and 9 p.m.
· No public address system is to be used and no field lighting constructed.
· There must be a 50-foot distance from adjacent property lines.
· Sufficient off-street parking must be used.
· Trees must be planted for visual screening to adjacent property.
The City Council also approved several purchases for the city police department, including the purchase of 20 Taser electronic restraint devices and other support equipment from DGG Taser Inc. for $23,165. These are to be used by uniformed patrol officers. In addition, digital radios will be purchased from Motorola for $137,397.71, and a Kawasaki Mule 4x4 multi-use trail patrol vehicle will be bought from Millennium Cycle Works, Lilburn, for an amount not to exceed $11,048.47. This vehicle will be used for patrols on the new city park trail.
In other business, the council:
· Authorized a contract with the Georgia Association of Chiefs of Police to perform applicant testing on 10 semi-finalist candidates for the position of police captain operations commander.
· Approved public safety renovations for the Calvin Fitchett Municipal complex building.
· Agreed to hire a planning director at a cost in salary not to exceed $80,000.
· Approved a request from the Lilburn International Farmers Market, 4805 Lawrenceville Highway, for a license to sell packaged beer and wine for consumption off premises.
· Issued a special-use permit to MK Transmission Services to operate a automotive service and repair business at 4310 Lawrenceville Highway.