Tuesday, June 10, 2008
© Copyright 2015
Gwinnett Daily Post
SNELLVILLE - A kitchen fire Monday afternoon forced a Snellville family into relying on the Red Cross for housing.
Firefighters quickly controlled the blaze after occupants were alerted by a smoke detector and called 911 at 1:51 p.m., said Fire Department spokesman Capt. Thomas Rutledge.
The fire caused heavy smoke damage to the two-story home in the 3700 block of White Pine Road. No injuries were reported.
Firefighters cut power to the home, requiring the family - four adults and one child - to lean on the Red Cross for shelter Monday, Rutledge said.
Investigators said the fire appears accidental.