Wednesday, July 30, 2008
© Copyright 2013
Gwinnett Daily Post
NORCROSS - A 54-year-old contractor died Tuesday morning after being electrocuted at the Forum shopping center, authorities said.
The man, whose name is not being released until the next of kin is notified, was pronounced dead at Gwinnett Medical Center in Duluth shortly after arrival, according to Gwinnett Fire Department spokesman Capt. Thomas Rutledge, speaking on behalf of the Medical Examiner's Office.
Rutledge said the man was an electrical contractor working on an electrical box at the back of a building occupied by several retail stores. Electrical work was being done in a portion of the building that is under renovation.
Crews, dispatched at 9:05 a.m., found the man unconscious and not breathing, Rutledge said. Paramedics continued advanced life support efforts and transported the man to Gwinnett Medical Center in Duluth. He was pronounced dead at 9:54 a.m.
On July 2, a construction worker fell 15-feet from a crane-lift at the Forum, located at 5131 Peachtree Parkway in Norcross. He received non life-threatening injuries.