Tuesday, July 22, 2008
© Copyright 2014
Gwinnett Daily Post
GRAYSON - The Grayson City Council voted Monday night to authorize city officials to execute the SPLOST intergovernmental agreement for 2009 with a slight increase in funding from the previous year.
The distribution of SPLOST proceeds was approved in a 2008 city referendum.
"The numbers are based per capita according to the latest Census," said Mayor Pro-Tem Tammy Shumate who presided over the meeting in the absence of Mayor Jim Hinkle. "Each year we continue to get more funding."
Categories approved for the 2009 SPLOST are as follows:
· Administrative facilities, $765,920 (40 percent of funding);
· Recreational facilities, $670,179 (35 percent);
· Roads, streets and bridges, $478,700 (25 percent).
Total funding for the project amounts to $1,914,799.
In other business, the council:
· Approved the Georgia Department of Transportation Grant Memorandum of Understanding, and authorized Mayor Hinkle to execute the memo.
· Set budget public hearing dates for 6:30 p.m. Aug. 11 to receive comments from the public, and 7 p.m. Aug. 18 to adopt the amended 2007-08 budget and the 2008-09 budget.