Saturday, January 12, 2008
© Copyright 2013
Gwinnett Daily Post
WINDER - A Winder couple who purchased lifesaving devices for every Barrow County fire engine was recognized in December.
Barrow County showed its appreciation to two residents and five employees during the county's annual employee Christmas dinner last month.
Dewey and Karen White of Winder earned the Eddie Elder award for donating more than $20,000 to the fire department to purchase automatic external defibrillators for every fire engine.
Robert Richardson, president of the Community Emergency Services, took home the T. J. Snow Volunteer of the Year award in recognition of the countless hours he gave to the organization in 2007.
Employee awards were presented to:
· Lt. Tommy Crowe - Rookie of the Year
· Randy Johnson - Firefighter of the Year
· Martin Stancil - Paramedic of the Year
· Lt. Chuck Savage - Officer of the Year
· Rena Parten - Outstanding Achievement award
· Johnny Savage - Dispatcher of the Year