SUWANEE - Nearly 30 Gwinnett County Public Schools administrators graduated Thursday from the school district's training program for aspiring principals.
The Quality-Plus Leader Academy was created to ensure the school district will have enough leaders to replace retiring principals and to work in the schools as the district adds facilities.
Curriculum strands of the training program include foundations of GCPS leadership, human resources and evaluation, budgeting and finance, community and public relations and operations management.
Academy participants are actively engaged in projects and performance-based team activities such as developing a job description for a principal, discussing case studies and developing a professional learning plan for a school.
Many of the 27 graduates of the yearlong program have been appointed as principals this year.
"Had I not been able to attend the Quality-Plus Leader Academy, I would have been a good principal," graduate Jeff Lee said. "Now, I know I will be a great principal at Chattahoochee Elementary."
The graduates of the Academy's second cohort are:
· David Ashton, principal of Oakland Meadow School
· Donna Bishop, principal of Cooper Elementary
· Vince Botta, principal of Crews Middle
· Lawanna Caudle, assistant principal at Lawrenceville Elementary
· Clent Chatham, assistant principal at McConnell Middle
· Maryanne Grimes, principal at GIVE Center West
· Dora Hill, principal of Norcross Elementary
· Kim Holland, principal of T. Carl Buice School
· Reginald Kirkland, principal of Richards Middle
· Jeff Lee, principal of Chattahoochee Elementary
· Eddie Maresh, assistant principal at Jones Middle
· Jeff Mathews, principal of Gwinnett School of Mathematics, Science and Technology
· Priscilla McHam, principal of Stripling Elementary
· F.A. McLeod, principal of Berkeley Lake Elementary
· Susan Opferman, assistant principal at Creekland Middle
· Julia Osborne, assistant principal at Berkmar High
· Jay Paschall, principal at GIVE Center East
· Daundria Phillips, assistant principal at Fort Daniel Elementary
· Niki Ross, assistant principal at Phoenix High
· Charlotte Sadler, principal at Parsons Elementary
· Kay Sands, principal at Trickum Middle
· Debra Scott, recently appointed principal of Kanoheda Elementary
· Ed Shaddix, principal at North Gwinnett High
· Emily Thomas, assistant principal at Cedar Hill Elementary
· Paul Waters, assistant principal at Grayson High
· Paul Willis, principal of Fort Daniel Elementary
· Kerensa Wing, assistant principal of Collins Hill High.