LAWRENCEVILLE - District Attorney Danny Porter said Friday more children have come forward claiming a local former Cub Scout leader sexually molested them.
Five new warrants were taken out against Harry Brett Taylor this week, increasing the number of alleged victims from 10 to 15.
And that number could very well rise.
"There are more people coming forward and there are more people being discovered through other investigative means," Porter said.
The new warrants, signed Thursday, charge Taylor, 44, with a long list of abuses, including aggravated child molestation by sodomy, aggravated sexual battery and possession of child pornography, records show.
Porter said a final investigation report is likely to be submitted in 30 to 40 days to comply with grand jury rules.
Earlier this month, seven children - ranging from 6 to 9 years old - told police that the former Gwinnett library official and Cub Scout leader molested them.
Taylor's initial charges stem from incidents against two boys, including a family member, authorities said. One boy said Taylor touched his genital area and photographed him while he was undressing after exiting a swimming pool at Taylor's home. Police said Taylor committed similar acts against another boy for more than two years.
Taylor, whose term on the board would have expired in December, remains in the Gwinnett jail without bond. A bond hearing is scheduled for Sept. 4.
"We will be opposing bond," Porter said.
Taylor resigned from his post on the Gwinnett County Public Library Board days after his July 24 arrest on four counts of child molestation and one count of sexual battery.
Police urge any other potential victims in the case to contact the special victims unit at 770-513-5300.