LAWRENCEVILLE - The circus isn't coming to town until Sept. 19, but Ringling Bros. and Barnum & Bailey has sent some special ambassadors ahead of the show, and they really like to clown around.
Former Ringling Bros. and Barnum & Bailey Clown College graduate and second generation clown Dave Gregg and his wife, Cherie, know how to get
CircusFit and how important reading is, so they're sharing their secrets - and talents - at events this weekend in Gwinnett.
Although they're certainly kooky - and Cherie's a little clumsy - the Greggs put on quite a show with the help of some willing participants at the Fowler YMCA in Norcross on Thursday. From balancing peacock feathers and spinning plates to building human pyramids and juggling, the clowns demonstrated what it takes to be CircusFit.
There will be repeat shows on how to get CircusFit at the A. Worley Brown Boys and Girls Club today and at Discover Mills Mall and Mall of Georgia on Saturday. Dave and Cherie will also be presenting interactive story readings - Reading with Ringling - at the Grayson and Auburn libraries today.
The Greggs are traveling to cities ahead of Ringling Bros. and Barnum & Bailey's Boom A Ring, which will be at the Arena at Gwinnett Center from Sept. 19 through 21. For more information, visit www.ringling.com.
SideBar: If You Go
· What: Ambassadors of Laughter shows - interactive story readings, Reading with Ringling and a performance promoting physical fitness, CircusFit
· When and where:
· 10 a.m. today at the Grayson Library, 700 Grayson Parkway, Grayson (Reading with Ringling)
· 1 p.m. today at the Auburn Library, 24 5th St., Auburn (Reading with Ringling)
· 5 p.m. today at the A. Worley Brown Boys and Girls Club, 5360 Old Norcross Road, Norcross (CircusFit)
· 2 p.m. Saturday at Discover Mills Mall, 5900 Sugarloaf parkway, Lawrenceville (CircusFit)
· 5 p.m. Saturday at Mall of Georgia, 3333 Buford Drive, Buford (CircusFit)
· Cost: Free