DULUTH - The Gwinnett Chamber of Commerce has announced the 24th class of Leadership Gwinnett.
The class will begin the program this month. From the nearly 800 nominations received each year for the nine-month experience, Leadership alumni selected the final group of 36 based on work experience, accomplishments, community involvement, education and other information listed on individual applications. The program year is comprised of two overnight retreats, seven one-day symposia covering world class community, infrastructure, economics and regional relations in addition to monthly study groups and other activities.
"Choosing the class requires balancing the occupations, qualifications and commitment of the candidates to insure a representation that reflects a cross section of the county. The caliber of these applicants makes selection more difficult. Since the class size is limited to 36, many excellent candidates are not chosen on their first nomination. For this reason, we strongly encourage candidates to apply again if not selected," said Gail Macrenaris, director of leadership and community projects, Gwinnett Chamber of Commerce.
"Leadership Gwinnett has been a tremendous success for our county. Since the program's inception in 1985, over 700 alumni have taken their places in our community as decision makers and role models. Leadership graduates can be found in every aspect of Gwinnett business, civic and cultural life," said Jim Maran, president and CEO, Gwinnett Chamber of Commerce.
The 2008 - 2009 Leadership Gwinnett Class includes:
· Houston Bass, BB&T
· Ron Bingham, Thompson, O'Brien, Kemp & Nasuti
· Kristina Blum, Williams, Morris & Blum LLP
· John Bonanno, Crescent Resources LLC
· Lisa Bradshaw, Gwinnett Medical Center
· Dan Bruno, Gwinnett County Police
· Leng Leng Chancey, United Way In Gwinnett
· Raymond Cobb, Inside Gwinnett Magazine
· Dennis Daniel, Merial Ltd.
· Norwood Davis, 12Stone Church
· Deborah Fusi, Duluth Middle School
· Dustin Greene, Emory Eastside Medical Center
· Sarah Hathorn, Illustra Image Consulting
· Valeria Head, Gwinnett Magistrate Court
· Kathy Holland, Gwinnett County Department of Planning & Development
· Eric Johansen, Inland Group LLC
· Bucky Johnson, City of Norcross
· Sharon King, Georgia Department of Community Health.
· Larry Larsen, Proof of The Pudding By Mgr Inc.
· Javier Lopez
· P.J. Lynch, LaserCraft Inc.
· John Martin, Gwinnett Community Bank
· Steve Moyers, Gwinnett Technical College
· Lesha Price, MetLife
· Ossie Randal, Clark Patterson Lee
· Connie Russell, Gwinnett County Health Department
· Dorothy Schoeller, Simonton Elementary School
· Davine Sparks, GRN Community Service Board
· Kip Stokes, Pond & Company
· Michael Sullivan, Andersen, Tate & Carr
· Mark Supic, Primerica Financial Services
· Brandy Swanson, Lloyd Professional Group
· Jennifer Thilo, Delmar Gardens of Gwinnett
· Mark Tibbetts, Tibs, A Division of M. C. Dean Inc.
· Terry Ann Watlington, Kanoheda Elementary School
· Maria Woods, Gwinnett County Department of Financial Services