So, you think you're good at movie trivia? Every week, we give readers the opportunity to flex their movie muscles by answering five trivia questions from our movie critic, Michael Clark.
Congratulations to last week's winner, Kathy Miller of Stevensville, Md.
Here are last week's questions again and the answers:
1. Name the 2000 Oscar-winning movie based on Homer's "The Odyssey."
A: "O Brother, Where Art Thou?"
2. Name three movies based on novels by S.E. Hinton that star Matt Dillon.
A: "Tex," "The Outsiders" and "Rumble Fish"
3. Name two movies where Paul McCartney, as a soloist, wrote and then performed an original title song.
A: "Live and Let Die" and "Spies Like Us"
4. What current 33-year-old received their first Oscar nomination when they were 20?
A: Leonardo DiCaprio, who received his first nomination for "What's Eating Gilbert Grape?"
5. Name a movie that mentions the comic book characters Bluntman and Chronic.
A: Possible answers were "Chasing Amy" and "Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back."
Now, for this
1. Name the last movie in which three acting performers received Oscar nominations.
2. Name the movie with the shortest title to ever receive an Oscar nomination.
3. Name a female who shared a duet with Lionel Richie in a movie theme song.
4. In what movie does Robin Williams' character speak fluent Russian?
5. What life-threatening disease does Al Pacino's Michael Corleone character suffer from in "The Godfather" trilogy?
The first person to respond with all the correct answers receives a prize package of movie-related goodies, which could include promotional T-shirts, hats, posters, DVDs, video games and more. The winner also gets their name published in the next Weekend section.
Please e-mail your answers, along with your name to email@example.com. Include "Gwinnett Daily Post Trivia Contest" in the subject line. In the event no one answers all of the questions correctly, the person with the most correct answers submitted by 6 p.m. the Monday after the contest is posted will be the winner. Only one winner per household is eligible each 30-day period.