Thursday, March 22, 2007
© Copyright 2013
Gwinnett Daily Post
Candle cause of small fire at home
•STONE MOUNTAIN - An unattended candle caused a home fire in Stone Mountain on Tuesday evening.
The fire at 5064 Carole Place began when a candle burned down and caught a nearby bedspread on fire, sending smoke throughout the house, said Gwinnett County Fire Department spokesman Lt. Tommy Rutledge.
Rutledge said firefighters contained the fire to the bedroom where it began.
No one was hurt in the fire and the family was not displaced, but there was slight smoke damage throughout the one story house.
Charcoal sets man's deck on fire
•LAWRENCEVILLE - Warm charcoal from grilling over the weekend ignited a Lawrenceville man's deck early Tuesday morning.
Gwinnett County Fire Department spokesman Lt. Thomas Rutledge said the man awoke around 1:15 a.m. when he heard glass break at his home on Sweet Shrub Circle.
The man thought someone was breaking in, but it was in fact the heat from the deck fire that caused the glass to break.
Rutledge said the fire extended to the kitchen and the attic, but the man was able to make it out of the house uninjured.
- From staff reports