Rogers steps down as girls hoops coach at Peachtree Ridge
• Peachtree Ridge girls basketball coach Chad Rogers has resigned from the position this week. Rogers, a Shiloh grad, had been the Lions' girls basketball coach since the school opened.
He will remain as a teacher and football coach at the school.
Birmingham Southern gets commitment from GAC's Dunagan
• Greater Atlanta Christian senior Jonathan Dunagan has made a commitment to play college football at Birmingham Southern. He is the son of Keith and Sherie Dunagan.
Dunagan caught 27 passes for 516 yards and six touchdowns in 2006. He is the seventh Spartan senior to commit to a college football program.
Fight Night 7 tonight at Wild Bill's
• Wild Bill's in Duluth will host Fight Night 7 tonight with a full slate of mixed martial arts bouts on the schedule. The doors open at 6:30 p.m. with the fights beginning at 8:30 p.m.
Ultimate Fighting star Forrest Griffin is the night's guest announcer and he will interview the winner of each fight. For more information, go to www.undisputedproductions.com or www.wildbillsatlanta.com. Tickers are available through Ticketmaster or by calling 404-626-2126.
Tour de Georgia hunting for financial fix
• ATLANTA - Financial problems caused by the loss of sponsors has Tour de Georgia officials seeking an infusion of money to ensure that this year's bicycle race goes off on schedule.
''We do have a rather sizable financial gap at the moment with regard to this year's tour but we do remain optimistic about some discussions,'' Chris Aronhalt, executive director of the tour said on Thursday. ''We still remain optimistic we'll have a great race in April.''
The 2007 Tour de Georgia, a seven-day event that will cover 667 miles, is scheduled for April 16-22. The race is due to start in Peachtree City and move clockwise around the state before finishing in downtown Atlanta for the final circuit race and grand finale stage.
Patterson resigns as Trail Blazers' president/GM
• TUALATIN, Ore. - Portland Trail Blazers president and general manager Steve Patterson abruptly resigned Thursday after owner Paul Allen refused to renew his contract.
The move came with the Trail Blazers in next-to-last place at 24-34, a season after they had the worst record in the NBA.
- From staff, wire reports