Friday, June 22, 2007
© Copyright 2013
Gwinnett Daily Post
Grease starts fire in Stone Mountain home
•STONE MOUNTAIN - A fire at a Stone Mountain home Thursday appears to have started from grease on the stove, authorities said.
Crews found light smoke coming from the single-story home located at 4996 DeKalb Way about 1:25 p.m.
According to a Gwinnett County Fire Department press release, the majority of the damage was contained to the kitchen with a slight extension fire and smoke into the remainder of the home.
The residents were home at the time and escaped unharmed.
Man robbed at ATM
•STONE MOUNTAIN - A man attempting to use a Wachovia ATM was robbed Sunday, a police report said.
A black man approached the 35-year-old man as he was removing money from the machine located outside the bank located at 5250 Ga. Highway 10.
The man, armed with a black handgun, demanded the victim take more cash out twice, and fled with more than $200.
Man arrested after bomb threat called in to IHOP
•SNELLVILLE - A 42-year-old Snellville man was arrested Wednesday and charged with transmitting a public alarm.
According to an arrest warrant, John Butler Jr. of 1745 Webb Gin House Road called the IHOP restaurant located at 1143 Scenic Highway in Lawrenceville on Wednesday afternoon claiming there was a bomb inside the building and that it was going to go off and kill everyone.
Butler remains at the Gwinnett County Jail with a $11,000 bond.
- From staff reports