Saturday, January 27, 2007
© Copyright 2013
Gwinnett Daily Post
Dogs die in fire
•NORCROSS - Firefighters believe combustible items placed too close to a hot water heater caused an accidental fire that displaced four adults and three children from their Bishops Circle duplexes Friday morning.
The seven were home at the time and escaped the burning structure unharmed but four dogs belonging to one of the families did not survive.
Gwinnett County Fire Department spokesman Lt. Thomas Rutledge said the mother pit bull and her three puppies crawled under a cross space of the home where the fire began and were unable to escape.
He said the American Red Cross was contacted to assist the residents.
Kerosene fumes spur evacuation
•DULUTH - Employees at the Toys 'R' Us at 2205 Pleasant Hill Road evacuated the store Friday afternoon and called 911 after smelling kerosene.
Gwinnett County Fire Department spokesman Lt. Thomas Rutledge said 11 people were evaluated by Emergency Medical Services after feeling dizzy and complaining of headaches. One was transported to Gwinnett Medical Center.
Firefighters determined the source of the smell was from a kerosene-powered pressure washer used to clean the store earlier Friday morning.
The store closed while firefighters ventilated the store.
Man robbed near apartments
•NORCROSS - A Norcross man told police he was robbed at gunpoint Wednesday morning while walking through woods near his apartment at 303 Concepts 21 Drive.
According to a police report, a black man wearing a black bandanna and hoodie armed with a handgun came up to the victim and forced him on the ground and took his money.
The man took $100 from the victim before fleeing. The victim was unharmed.
- From staff reports