Thursday, February 1, 2007
© Copyright 2013
Gwinnett Daily Post
Construction crews hit gas line
•DULUTH - Firefighters closed a portion of Berkeley Lake Road Wednesday for about a hour while hazmat teams and Atlanta Gas Light stopped a gas leak.
Lt. Thomas Rutledge, Gwinnett County Police Department spokesman, said a construction crew digging near the road with a backhoe struck a line.
North Berkeley Lake Road between Blue Ridge Parkway and Industrial Park Drive was closed until the leak was controlled. Nearby businesses did not have to be evacuated.
Thieves steal man's car while he empties trash
•LILBURN - A Lilburn man's truck was stolen Monday night as he was throwing his garbage away at his Park Crossing apartment.
According to a police report, two black men armed with guns walked up to the man and got into his black 1997 Ford Thunderbird. The two fled in the vehicle on Dickens Road traveling toward Indian Trail Road.
Unattended food at stove starts fire
•LAWRENCEVILLE - Food left cooking on the stove of a Alexander Mill apartment on Paper Mill Road caused a fire that damaged only the stove Wednesday afternoon.
A sprinkler activated by the fire caused water damage to the apartment and the unit below. The fire was extinguished by the sprinklers before firefighters arrived, Lt. Thomas Rutledge, Gwinnett County Fire Department spokesman, wrote in a press release.
No injuries were
- From staff reports