Tuesday, December 4, 2007
© Copyright 2014
Gwinnett Daily Post
Grease starts stove fire
DULUTH - A pan of grease ignited on a stove, causing a fire in Duluth.
No one was injured in the fire at the Idlewylde Apartments on Boggs Road in Duluth, but three people were displaced when the blaze caused moderate fire and water damage to the kitchen and sent smoke through the rest of the apartment, said Lt. Thomas Rutledge, spokesman for the Gwinnett County Fire Department.
The fire occurred at 7:23 p.m. Monday, Rutledge said. Firefighters had to remove the kitchen cabinets and open the wall to make sure the fire had not spread.
One man injured trying to extinguish kitchen fire
LAWRENCEVILLE - One person was injured in a stove fire Monday.
Lt. Thomas Rutledge, spokesman for the Gwinnett County Fire Department, said a man was treated for smoke inhalation at the Oak Road home after trying to put out the fire, which was caused when a pan of grease ignited.
Two adults and four children were displaced by the fire, which caused moderate damage to the kitchen and sent smoke throughout the rest of the house.
The blaze started at 6:48 p.m. and was under control by 7:05 p.m., Rutledge said.