Friday, April 13, 2007
© Copyright 2014
Gwinnett Daily Post
House fire started in fireplace
•TUCKER - Firefighters have determined the fire that damaged a home on Kenvilla Drive home in Tucker Wednesday night started in the fireplace.
The American Red Cross was called to help two adults and three children displaced from the home.
The family was home at the time and was able to escape without injuries.
Electrical fire damages apartments
•NORCROSS - Firefighters believe an electrical problem caused a fire at the Chelsea Park apartments about 4:34 p.m. Thursday.
No injuries were reported at the complex at 3396 Chelsea Park Lane in Norcross.
Pair steal cable man's truck
•NORCROSS - A cable man's work truck was stolen while he worked in Norcross on Tuesday.
The man said he was installing cable at 1101 Jenny Lyn Drive when two black men came up behind him, a police report said. He said one was armed with a kitchen knife and demanded he give him his keys.
The cable man said the two pushed past him, got into his white Chevrolet Colorado truck and drove away.
He said the two looked about 16 to 17 years old.
Lawrenceville gas station robbed
•LAWRENCEVILLE - The manager of the Citgo gas station in Lawrenceville said he and the store were robbed Tuesday night.
According to a police report, a black man walked into the store about 10:45 p.m., pointing a gun and demanding the manager's wallet and money from the registers.
The money was placed in a brown plastic bag. After the manager told the man he could not open the store safe the man fled.
The manager believed the man took about $750.
- From wire reports