BUFORD - Simon Property Group announced the appointment of Melissa Cahill as director of mall marketing for Mall of Georgia.
Cahill has been a member of Simon Property Group's Southeast Region, most recently serving as assistant manager of mall marketing for Lenox Square.
In her new role, Cahill will be responsible for creating and implementing Mall of Georgia's overall strategic marketing plans, including retailer relations, advertising, public relations and the execution of the mall's unique shopper events and incentives.
Cahill began her career with Simon as the guest services manager for Gwinnett Place Mall. Prior to joining Simon in 2003, she worked in H.J. Heinz's finance department.
Cahill is a University of Georgia graduate with an international business and French language academic background. The Pittsburgh native resides in Buckhead.
New stores open
A high-end specialty store, two fashionable women's clothing stores, a specialty home furnishings store, and a stylish shoe shop are among the impressive collection of new stores are opening at the Mall of Georgia.
• Coach is a leading American marketer of fine accessories and gifts in leather, suede and signature fabric. The store opened Aug. 1 and occupies 2,485 square feet on the upper level main entrance.
• Lady Foot Locker, a leading women's athletic shoe store, opened its doors Sept. 1 with 2,108 square feet on the lower level of Dillard's Court.
• Coldwater Creek offers unique women's clothing in misses, petites and plus sizes. The store opened Oct. 3 and encompasses 6,029 square feet next to the Village Fountain.
• Earthbound Trading Company opened Sept. 9 and offers high-value products for the home in an environment that evokes a sense of adventure. The store commands 4,171 square feet and is located in the lower level of Nordstrom Court.
• Swarovski is the world's leading supplier of cut crystal, presenting jewelry, textiles and accessories to the selective customer. The store opened Sept. 1 and occupies 814 square feet on the upper level in front of Belk.
• Cargill Gallery offers decorative framed pictures and prints on the upper level of Dillard's Court. The 625-square-foot store opened Oct. 1.
• Ann Taylor Loft is a premier specialty apparel retailer, offering contemporary American classics reflecting a feminine, polished style. Set to open Nov. 24, the store will encompass 6,066 square feet next to the Village Fountain.
The Mall of Georgia, the largest mall in the Southeast, features more than 200 stores including anchors Dillard's, JCPenney, Belk, Nordstrom and Macy's.
For a map and store listings, as well as directions, events and job listings, visit www.mallofgeorgia.com.