17-year-old shot twice in drive-by

•LILBURN - A 17-year-old Lilburn boy was shot in the arm twice Thursday during a drive-by shooting, according to a Gwinnett police report.

The boy's sister told police they were in a bedroom at their home at Cliffglen Way when they heard tires screeching outside of their house, so the boy got up and looked out the window. Five minutes later, they heard the same thing, so the boy looked out the window again. The girl said she heard four gunshots, and her brother was struck in the left arm.

The boy's injuries were not life threatening.

Bullet grazes man following dispute

•LAWRENCEVILLE - A 21-year-old Duluth man who was shot in the leg Thursday told police he did not see who shot him but changed his story after officers questioned his friends.

The man originally told police he was walking on Sugarloaf Parkway when he noticed his leg was bleeding, according to a Gwinnett police report. The man said he walked to his friend's house on Field Stream Way to call for a ride to the hospital.

The man then changed his story and said he was at his girlfriend's house when some of his friends walked outside. A few minutes later, he followed them outside and saw them arguing with several men in a Ford Probe. The man said he told them to stop arguing and turned around.

The man said he then heard a gunshot but did not think about it until his leg started to hurt. His leg was bleeding, and when he turned around, his friends and the car were gone.

Hospital officials told police the man's injury was not serious and that the bullet appears to have scratched the man's leg.

Woman struggles during arrest

•NORCROSS - A barefoot woman who stopped police for help admitted to officers that she had taken 100 grams of cocaine and then fought with the officer who decided to take her into custody.

Lisa Denise Cutlip-Turner, 34, of Auburn told the officer not to hurt her and started to walk down Willow Trail Parkway on Thursday after telling the officer she had taken cocaine, a Gwinnett police report said.

The officer tried to place Turner in handcuffs, but she reportedly struggled and started to remove items from the officer's belt. The officer said he sprayed her in the face with pepper spray to prevent her from reaching for the gun.

Once backup arrived, officers used duct tape to secure her knees and ankles so she wouldn't run, but Turner reportedly continued to struggle.

After Turner kicked the window from its tracks on the police car, another officer used a Taser on her thigh, and officers shackled her legs.

Turner was booked in the Gwinnett County Detention Center on charges of loitering, obstruction of law enforcement and interference with government property, but she was released Friday.

- From staff reports