Man exposes himself to teen in bookstore
•BUFORD - An unidentified man exposed himself to a customer while in the men's restroom of a Barnes and Noble bookstore in Buford on Sunday afternoon.
According to a police report, the victim said the man approached him while he was washing his hands, offering sexual favors and making lewd comments.
The victim described the suspect as a white man, possibly in his 20s.
The 18-year-old reported the incident to the store manager, and a bookstore employee said he has seen the suspect in the store before.
Diamond rings stolen from
•BUFORD - A man and woman stole two diamond rings from a Mall of Georgia Zales store Sunday.
The suspects asked a clerk to see two rings from the jewelry case, examined the rings, returned them and left the store.
According to a police report, the manager of the store later noticed the returned rings were not the same, they were cubic zirconia and not diamonds. The fake rings had similar sale tags with identical item numbers to the diamond rings.
The suspects were described by Zales employees as a black man and woman, wearing sunglasses and a lot of jewelry.
The rings were worth nearly $13,000.
Woman thwarts robbery attempt
•NORCROSS - An unidentified person attempted to break into a Norcross couple's apartment Tuesday night.
The female victim said she noticed her door being opened while she was at home.
She said she was unable to see the suspect, who fled when she called for her husband.
The couple's car was also broken into the same night. The speakers in the car and the couple's extra set of keys were stolen.
Police believe the person used house keys stolen from the victim's car to attempt to enter the home.
Men taken to hospital with
carbon monoxide poisoning
•NORCROSS - Two men showing signs of carbon monoxide poisoning were transported by ambulance to a hospital Wednesday afternoon.
Lt. Thomas Rutledge, spokesman for the Gwinnett County Fire Department, said firefighters responded to the call on Cochran Drive in Norcross at 4:17 p.m. Wednesday.
Two men were found in the basement of the home and showed signs of poisoning.
They were transported to St. Joseph's Hospital, Rutledge said.
Apparently, the men had been working on a car in the basement when they were overcome by the fumes, Rutledge said.
No information about their conditions was available at press time.
- From staff reports