Wednesday, July 26, 2006
© Copyright 2013
Gwinnett Daily Post
LAWRENCEVILLE - A 15-year-old Cumming boy was accidentally electrocuted Monday while working on a jet ski at Lake Lanier.
Tyler Howarth was standing in the lake at a metal dock near his home on Bay Hill Drive and working on a jet ski when he apparently grabbed an exposed electrical wire. Two friends who were standing on the dock said Howarth fell back into the water and drifted underneath the dock, according to Kathleen Chalker of the Forsyth County Sheriff's Office.
The friends, both 15, tried to grab Howarth and pull him from the water while screaming for help, but they, too, were shocked when they tried to grab him, authorities said. The boys also tried reaching Howarth with a stick.
Howarth's father reportedly heard the commotion and ran down to the dock. He then jumped into the water, pulled his son from the lake and began CPR.
Howarth was pronounced dead at Northeast Georgia Medical Center in Gainesville at 6:47 p.m.