"What's going on here?" is a weekly column that appears in the Sunday business section of the Gwinnett Daily Post. If you see a construction site and don't know what's being built, call Douglas Sams, business reporter, at 770-963-9205, ext. 1321, or e-mail him at firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Where: Ga. Highway 20 by Mall of Georgia Honda and Interstate 985
• What: Buford Auto Sales
• When did construction start: July 2005
• When will construction end: April
• A PGA Tour superstore is being built at Steve Reynolds Boulevard and Interstate 85. The building formerly housed Incredible Universe auto installation business, which is next to Dave & Busters restaurant.
• A Costco is being built at Marketplace at Mill Creek Shopping Center at the Mall of Georgia
• Colson & Colson is building a 118-unit affordable housing project at Five Forks Trickum Road at the Ronald Reagan Parkway off ramp. Sales could start this April.
•Mimms Enterprises of Roswell is developing a new building at the Mall of Georgia Boulevard across from
•The new East Metro Health District Office is being built on Riverside Parkway near Old Norcross Road.
• Industrial buildings, warehouse and distribution are being built on Northmont Parkway, near Satellite
• A Bank of North Georgia branch is being built on Old Peachtree road at Interstate 85 next to Home Depot.
• D.R. Horton builders is developing 34 townhomes on Pleasant Hill Road next to Lowe's.
•Poblano's Mexican restaurant at Scenic Highway and Webb Gin House Road is basically complete and so is the interior, but work on the parking lot and entrance appear bogged down. There are no signs posted on the building announcing an opening date, and efforts to reach the owners were unsuccessful.