Grease fire starts in kitchen
GRAYSON - A grease fire originating on a stove spread throughout the kitchen of a Grayson home until Gwinnett firefighters arrived at the scene Saturday morning.
The owner of 445 Flowering Trail evacuated the two-story house because of fire and smoke but was uninjured, said Thomas Rutledge, spokesman for the Gwinnett County Fire Department.
No one injured in apartment blaze
NORCROSS - Gwinnett firefighters responded to a grease fire at a Norcross apartment Saturday morning.
Upon arrival, firefighters saw light smoke showing from 3911 Elmside Village Lane, but no injuries were reported, said Thomas Rutledge, spokesman for the Gwinnett County Fire Department.
Clothes dryer catches fire
LAWRENCEVILLE - A clothes dryer at a house caught on fire Saturday morning, causing heavy smoke but no injuries.
Firefighters arrived at 931 White Oak Court at 3:09 a.m. and assisted with smoke removal, said Thomas Rutledge of the Gwinnett County Fire Department.
Smoke causes store evacuation
SUWANEE - A Best Buy store was evacuated Saturday morning after smoke was detected.
Firefighters arrived at 2780 Horizon Ridge Drive, but did not see the flames and instead had to search for the fire by tracking the smoke odor, said Thomas Rutledge, spokesman for the Gwinnett County Fire Department. No injuries were reported.
Towel dryer causes fire at hair salon
NORCROSS - A small fire originated from a towel dryer at Lilly's Hair Salon on Saturday morning.
Officials said a female employee of the salon, located at 5344 Jimmy Carter Blvd., was treated for a minor injury but released at the scene, said Thomas Rutledge, spokesman for the Gwinnett County Fire Department. No other injuries were reported.
Mattress fire extinguished
LAWRENCEVILLE - Firefighters found a burning mattress on the second story of a house Saturday afternoon, but no injuries occurred.
Firefighters worked to remove smoke from 360 Victoria Station Blvd. after the mattress fire had been put out, said Thomas Rutledge, spokesman for the Gwinnett County Fire Department.
- From staff reports