Masked men rob cell phone store

•STONE MOUNTAIN - Two employees of Stone Mountain Cingular Wireless told police Thursday the store was robbed by two armed men.

According to a police report, a male employee was locking the door when he noticed a masked, armed man standing outside.

The employee told police the gunman pushed the door and him out of the way and entered the store followed by a second man armed with a gun.

The men ordered both employees to get on the ground, tied their hands and took money and merchandise from the store.

The employees told police the men turned off the store lights and spraypainted over the security camera lens before taking the money and fleeing the store.

The victim's told police the alleged robbers took approximately $3,000 from the safe and fled in an unknown direction.

Man uses note in bank robbery

•NORCROSS - A Norcross Wachovia was robbed Friday afternoon a bank teller told police after the alleged robbery occurred.

The female teller told police a black man wearing a blue hooded sweatshirt and dark pants approached her and handed her a note demanding money.

According to a police report, the man wrote in his note that he had a gun, although the woman told police she never saw the described weapon.

The teller told police she gave the man nearly $11,000 which he stuffed into his pockets before he fled the bank.

Man attempts back-to-back robberies

•NORCROSS - Two victims told police they were robbed at different Norcross apartment complexes Thursday morning - police believe the same man may have attempted to rob the two men.

According to a police report, a black man dressed in black approached a man's truck stopped inside the Indian Trail Apartments on Indian Trail Road, pulled a knife and demanded the victim's money.

The victim was able to drive away, leaving the armed man behind. Police believe the man fled to the nearby Huntington Trace Apartments where he attempted to rob a second man.

The second victim told police the man fled the scene when he told him the police were coming to the scene.

Police arrived at the Norcross apartment but were unable to find the suspect.

- From staff reports