Tuesday, December 19, 2006
© Copyright 2013
Gwinnett Daily Post
•LAWRENCEVILLE - The kitchen of a home at 1130 Meadowsong Circle in Lawrenceville was damaged Monday evening after food left unattended on the stove caught fire, said Lt. Thomas Rutledge, the Fire Department's spokesman.
The fire spread from the stove into the cabinets, causing moderate damage to the kitchen, Rutledge said. Smoke throughout the rest of the house was light, he said.
The home's occupant was upstairs putting up Christmas decorations and was not injured, Rutledge said.
Fireplace ashes cause house fire
•LAWRENCEVILLE - Firefighters believe fireplace ashes placed too close to a Archwood Way home caused a fire at the home Sunday.
The fire started on the exterior of the home and moved up the wall into the attic.
The flames caused moderate damage to the attic and filled the home with smoke.
No one was at the home at the time and no injuries were reported.
Gas leak closes road for hours
•LAWRENCEVILLE - A gas leak caused firefighters and Lawrenceville Gas Co. to close down U.S. Highway 29 for nearly four hours Sunday.
Firefighters determined an odor of gas was coming from a manhole under the roadway of Towler Road and U.S. 29.
- From staff reports