Sunday, December 10, 2006
© Copyright 2013
Gwinnett Daily Post
LAWRENCEVILLE - A family of three was taken to the hospital Saturday morning after a carbon monoxide detector went off in their home.
Lt. Craig Stanley, spokesman for the Gwinnett County Fire Department, said the family's detector went off at their home at 1720 Heatherglade Lane in Lawrenceville about 2:30 a.m.
Two adults and one child complained of headaches, nosebleeds and dizziness, Stanley said. All three were taken to a local hospital.
Stanley said firefighters did not find any carbon monoxide readings in the house, but the gas may have dissipated when doors were opened.
"The carbon monoxide detector did go off," Stanley said. "We didn't get any levels in the house, but small amounts trigger it."
Stanley encouraged people to have a carbon monoxide detector on every floor of their home and to call 911 and evacuate their house if the detector goes off.