Group opens fire

on Atlanta man

•NORCROSS - An Atlanta man was shot and wounded by a group of unknown men in the middle of the day Tuesday.

According to the police report, the victim was walking in the parking lot of the Four Corners shopping center at 3330 Peachtree Corners Circle in Norcross. A group of men approached him and opened fire with an unknown weapon. The victim, who was shot in the left thigh, told police he was transported to a private medical clinic by an unknown third party.

Two witnesses told police they heard a "pop pop pop" sound in the parking lot and hid behind a truck. They reported seeing a dark red Cadillac and a black Infiniti racing out of the parking lot onto Jones Mill Road in the direction of Green Pointe Parkway.

Men take Pontiac, wallet at gunpoint

•LAWRENCEVILLE - A Lawrenceville man was carjacked just after midnight Wednesday.

According to the police report the victim was approached by four Hispanic men, one of whom was armed with a pistol. The armed man put the pistol to the victim's head and demanded money. The victim gave them his wallet and necklace. Next the men got into the victim's Pontiac Bonneville and drove away.

While canvassing the neighborhood, police came across a vehicle matching the victim's in the parking lot of Gwinnett Place Apartments. Two men by the car fled on foot and were not found. The car, confirmed to be the stolen vehicle, was impounded as evidence.

Robbers take cash from taxi driver

•NORCROSS - A taxi driver reported being robbed outside the Highpoint Village Apartments early Wednesday morning.

Police reported that the driver was speaking very erratically when they made contact with him at 4 a.m. The driver told police he picked up a woman at the QuikTrip gas station on Pleasantdale Road in DeKalb County and drove her to the apartment complex.

Upon arrival, three people approached his taxi wielding pistols. The suspects took the victim's money, valuables and radio, then fled on foot. According to the police report, the responding officers were unable to make contact with the company's dispatch and little information about the suspects was available.

- From staff reports