Wednesday, April 26, 2006
© Copyright 2013
Gwinnett Daily Post
Playing with lighter sparks fire
•BUFORD - Three teenagers accused of playing with a lighter, sparking a fire that burned three grass lots, were turned in to Gwinnett County police Tuesday evening.
It took firefighters about 20 minutes to extinguished the grass fire at a new development under construction behind Riverside Walk subdivision, said Thomas Rutledge, spokesman for the Gwinnett County Fire Department.
No structural damage or injuries occurred.
Shed containing motorcycles burns down
•BUFORD - A backyard shed containing two motorcycles and several bicycles were completely destroyed by fire Tuesday evening when the owner lost control of an outdoor burn.
Firefighters arrived at 2715 Old Ivy Court to find the shed and surrounding grass behind the house completely engulfed in flames, said Thomas Rutledge, spokesman for the Gwinnett County Fire Department.
The fire did not damage the main house and no injuries occurred.
- From staff reports