LILBURN - A grease fire caused moderate damage to a kitchen Saturday afternoon.
The fire, at 3578 River Drive, caused smoke and heat damage throughout the kitchen, and spread from the stove to the cabinets, Gwinnett Fire Department Spokesman Thomas Rutledge said.
No one was injured in the fire. The call was received at 5:43 p.m., and the fire was under control at 6:04 p.m., Rutledge said.
to one unit
NORCROSS - An apartment fire displaced a family Saturday.
The fire, which affected one unit in an apartment complex at 6055 South Norcross Tucker Road, was dispatched at 5:30 p.m. and under control by 6:12 p.m., Gwinnett Fire Department Spokesman Thomas Rutledge said.
The fire was contained to the kitchen, Rutledge said, and the residents went to stay with family members.
Gas main break causes evacuation
GRAYSON - A gas main break evacuated three houses and shut down traffic on Brannan Boulevard for more than two hours.
Gwinnett Fire Department Spokesman Thomas Rutledge said a public utilities crew struck the two-inch main at Brannan Boulevard and Grayson New Hope Road at 12:18 p.m. Saturday.
No one was injured, and the main was repaired by 2:40 p.m., Rutledge said.
NORCROSS - A Friday house fire displaced two families.
Heavy smoke was pouring from a duplex at 6284 Forest Vale Drive when firefighters arrived at 10:48 a.m., Gwinnett Fire Department Spokesman Thomas Rutledge said. The fire, which appeared to start in the kitchen on the B side of the duplex, was extinguished by 11:07 a.m.
One of the units had extensive damage, while the other had only smoke and water damage, Rutledge said. Between the two homes, six adults and six children were displaced. The Red Cross was called in to provide assistance, Rutledge said.
House catches fire
DACULA - One person escaped unharmed after a house caught fire Friday.
The Spring Street fire appeared to start accidentally in the home's first-floor utility room, Gwinnett Fire Department Spokesman Thomas Rutledge said. The fire department received the call at 7:28 a.m. and the fire was extinguished by 8:02 a.m., he said.
There was moderate damage to the first floor of the home.
- From staff reports