- Where: Lawrenceville-Suwanee Road and Ga. Highway 120
- What: Former Wachovia is being renovated and converted into First Horizon Bank. Ritchey Enterprises of Atlanta is the contractor.
- When did construction start? Two weeks ago.
- When will construction end? Bank opens Nov. 7.
- One of the largest, most ornate Hindu temples in the United States is being built at Rockbridge Road, U.S. Highway 29 and Dickens Road. The temple will take at least two years to build.
- Bowen Family Homes is building a single-family subdivision on South Bogan Road at Ga. Highway 20. The subdivision will be called Autumnbrooke and will include about 100 lots. Home prices should hover around $200,000.
- The suburban mansion at Moore Road, about half a mile south of Suwanee Dam Road and North Gwinnett High School, is getting a giant makeover that could last more than a year. The reason for all those dump trucks carrying one load of dirt after another: a front-yard pond was drained, creating a massive sunken spot. Enough dirt had to be brought in to raise the level of the yard 15 feet in spots. An additional 10,000 square feet of renovations are planned on the house.
John E. Popwell & Associates Inc. and Wayne Mason Residence Construction will oversee the project.
- Verizon Wireless is building a retail store at Ga. Highway 120 (Duluth Highway) and Lawrenceville-Suwanee Road at the site of the former Fazoli's restaurant.
- Olde Town Grayson, a 14-acre residential and retail development, will be built at Ga. Highway 20 and Rosebud Road in Grayson.
- The Village Shops at Creekside is being built at the intersections of Ga. Highway 120, Ga. Highway 316 and Lawrenceville-Suwanee Road.
- The second phase of Thornhill Commons, a subdivision built by Bowen Family Homes, is being built on Ga. 120 between Boggs Road and Northbrook Parkway. The first homes could be up for sale by spring.
- Duke Realty will put a three-story, 80,000-square-foot office building in The Business Park at Sugarloaf, located on Sugarloaf Parkway near the Arena at Gwinnett Center. Duke will probably break ground on the building in November.
- Portrait Homes is building 130 townhomes and Southeastern Property is building 76 two- and three-bedroom condos at Ga. 120 and Purcell Road. The development will be called Orchards of Sugarloaf Parc.
- At least 160 single-family homes are being built by Kalidescope Land Development on New Hope Road, one mile east of Simonton Road.
- A new upscale restaurant will renovate the now-closed Georgia Theater Co. movie theater near Gwinnett Place Mall.