Fast food employee attacked

BUFORD - A McDonald's employee was attacked Thursday by an unidentified man while taking out the trash behind the restaurant at 3210 Buford Drive.

The employee was approached from behind about 10:15 p.m. by a man who pushed him and then tried to fight him, according to a police report. The victim turned around and tried to punch the suspect, according to police reports.

The attacker then pulled out a knife and slashed the employee's left forearm. The employee refused an ambulance.

The employee said the suspect comes into the restaurant regularly, but he did not know the man.

Church day school evacuated

SNELLVILLE - Students at the day school at Annistown Baptist Church at 4554 Annistown Road were evacuated April 27 after a suspicious man raised an alarm among administrators.

Stephen Joseph Quagleitta, 24, of McDonough, came into the school about noon acting nervous and agitated, according to police reports. He reportedly asked someone in the front office if any children had been kidnapped. Quagleitta said "they" were after him and his children were in danger.

When an officer arrived, Quagleitta was crying and looking through a phone book the office provided him. Quagleitta refused to cooperate with police because he said they were wasting his time, police reports said.

The officer said Quagleitta appeared to be under the influence of methamphetamine. He was arrested on a charge of obstruction of a law enforcement officer.

Norcross motel robbed

NORCROSS - Two unidentified men on Saturday robbed the Super 8 Motel at 6650 Bay Circle.

The suspects, who were both armed with handguns, entered the lobby at 8 p.m. and approached a desk clerk, according to police reports. The men demanded money and then grabbed cash from a drawer behind the counter. The robbers fled in a red Isuzu Rodeo.

Police are analyzing surveillance video obtained from the motel, police reports said.


Man agrees to meet police, resists arrest

WINDER - A man was arrested after allegedly fighting with his wife and disrupting a 911 call.

Devin Jones, 23, called police at 9:19 p.m. April 26, saying that his wife was taunting him and trying to provoke a fight, according to a police report. She told police that she was afraid to file for divorce, and that he had put her purse, cell phone and house keys into his vehicle.

Jones allegedly left their home on Palmer Court, then returned 20 minutes later after the police had gone.

According to the police report, Jones' wife grabbed her 2-year-old and locked herself in the couple's bedroom. Jones allegedly removed the lock from the door, grabbed the phone from her hand and threw it, then left when he realized police would be coming.

At 1:50 a.m. April 27, Jones called police to ask why he was being hunted, according to the report. He agreed to meet with officers if he would not be handcuffed, but when police arrived at his home, he became belligerent when told he would have to be handcuffed before he could go in the police car, according to the report.

The report said Jones became irate, defensive and resisted arrest. He was pepper sprayed and handcuffed, then transported to the Barrow County Detention Center, where he was charged with interference with a 911 call, simple assault and obstruction.

- From staff reports