Friday, March 25, 2005
© Copyright 2013
Gwinnett Daily Post
One injured in house fire
LAWRENCEVILLE - One person suffered smoke inhalation Thursday morning when food left unattended on a kitchen stove ignited a fire in the house at 1941 Sever Road.
Firefighters arrived at 10:45 a.m. to find a one-story ranch home with heavy smoke and flames visible from the outside. First responders entered the residence to battle the blaze, but they were driven back by intense heat, according to Thomas Rutledge, spokesman for Gwinnett County Fire and Emergency Services.
Firefighters fought the fire from the exterior until the bulk of the flames were extinguished before re-entering. Two adults and one child were displaced. One adult was taken to an area hospital for treatment of smoke inhalation, Rutledge said.
Man shot in head
LILBURN - A man was shot in the head with a pellet gun Wednesday during a home invasion on Westover Circle.
The victim told police two unidentified black males entered his front door at about 3 a.m. while he was sleeping. The resident was attacked and shot in the back of the head with a plastic air soft pellet gun, according to police reports. He was taken to Gwinnett Medical Center for treatment of a superficial wound. The suspects reportedly left the pellet gun and a black wallet behind.
- From staff reports