Missing Scout found alive in Utah

KAMAS, Utah - An 11-year-old boy who vanished from a Boy Scout camp was found alive and in good condition Tuesday after an intensive four-day search of the rugged Utah wilderness.

Sheriff Dave Edmunds said Brennan Hawkins was ''a little dehydrated, a little weak, but other than that, he was in very good health.'' Brennan was found just before noon near Lily Lake, about five miles from the camp in the Uinta Mountains where he was last seen Friday.

Fire destroys Detroit warehouse

DETROIT - An old Studebaker factory was destroyed Tuesday by a huge fire in an area of Detroit that was once a major hub of the automotive industry in its early years.

The flames could be seen for miles, and it took about 150 firefighters several hours to get the blaze at the warehouse under control. The wreckage was still smoldering by late morning and streets remained closed for several blocks around the site. The century-old, four-story warehouse contained a meat market, furniture store and several other businesses, but was about 60 percent vacant.

Police seek answers in girl's death in washer

CHILHOWIE, Va. - Investigators were trying to find out how a 5-year-old girl became trapped and died inside a front-loading washing machine while her mother stood outside the coin-operated laundry.

Rebecca Hope Wagoner was found unconscious about 9:30 p.m. Friday after someone called to report that a child was inside one of the washers at The Village Laundry. When officers arrived, the girl's mother had smashed the glass door open with a rock and pulled her daughter out.

Frist: No new vote planned for Bolton

WASHINGTON - Senate Majority Leader Bill Frist announced Tuesday that he won't schedule another vote on John Bolton's nomination as U.S. ambassador to the United Nations.

In so doing, the Tennessee Republican acknowledged there was nothing further he could do to break a Democratic stalemate with the Bush White House over Bolton.

Jury deadlocked on sentence in killing of 3 cops

BIRMINGHAM, Ala. - Jurors remained deadlocked for a second day Tuesday on whether an admitted drug dealer should be sentenced to death or life without parole in the shooting deaths of three Birmingham policemen, killings he said were in self-defense.

- From wire reports