Where: Ga. Highway 120 (Duluth Highway) and Lawrenceville-Suwanee Road, near the Ga. Highway 316 interchange. This former Buffalo's Cafe is in the Publix shopping center.
What: Although the company will not confirm it, the old Buffalo's Cafe appears destined to become Hooters, say those familiar with the deal. Tom Dumansky, who owned the Lawrenceville Buffalo's, said, "I can guarantee you that it's going to be a Hooters."
When did construction begin: N/A
When will construction end: N/A
- A residential development with 353 homes and townhomes called Three Bridges is being built at Peachtree Industrial Boulevard and Suwanee Dam Road.
- A new Sonic fast-food restaurant will be built on Riverside Parkway in Lawrenceville beside the QuikTrip gas station. No groundbreaking date has been set.
- The newest branch of the Gwinnett Public Library will be built at 700 Grayson Parkway between Barnett and Rock Springs roads.
- Wood Crossing Plaza is being built at the Mall of Georgia on Woodward Crossing Boulevard. It will be a strip center with Men's Classic Warehouse as its anchor tenant. Tenants should be able to move in by July.
- New offices are being built at Peachtree Industrial Boulevard and Reps Miller Road. Construction will end early next year.
- Medieval Times will build a nearly 90,000-square-foot castle/restaurant in an anchor spot vacated by The Home Co. at Discover Mills Mall. It is slated to open in summer 2006.
- Wesleyan school is building tennis courts on Spalding Drive to open in the fall.
- A new USTA (United States Tennis Association) office building is being built on Spalding Drive just west of Peachtree Parkway.
- The NorthPoint Group Inc. is launching Gwinnett Place Commons, a 130,000-square-foot office project on North Berkeley Lake Road, behind the Wal-Mart Supercenter. It will be class-A office space. The project is estimated to be completed in December.
- Gwinnett County Fire Station No. 12 is being built at 2815 Lenora Church Road.
- New medical offices are being built on Walter Boulevard in Lawrenceville. The project will house the Cardiovascular Group.
- Twenty-seven acres off Ga. Highway 120 and Lawrenceville-Suwanee Road are being cleared for a new retail center.
- Centex will build on 130 acres along Ga. 120, including tracts that front the road, said Bill Evans of Evans Real Estate Services LLC.
- The new Kroger shopping center at Old Norcross Road and Steve Reynolds Boulevard will have RBC Centura Bank and Flagstar Bank on its outparcels. Discount Tire will open a new store in the shopping center, along with Blockbuster and another bank, Washington Mutual.
- New office condos will be built on Lakes Parkway in the Corporate Lakes Office Park.
- Richardson Housing Group Inc. is building 20 townhomes, each three stories and starting about $150,000, on Riverside Parkway near Winn-Dixie SaveRite.
- A three-story retail and office building is proposed for Peachtree Corners Circle and Peachtree Parkway. Although the site has been cleared, the developer needs county approval before construction can start.