Estranged husband charged with assaulting wife, her friend

STONE MOUNTAIN - A Stone Mountain woman called police after her estranged husband assaulted her and a male friend at her Rhonda Lane home about 11:31 p.m. Sunday, according to police reports.

Scott Hill Carter Jr., 37, was waiting in the victim's driveway when her and her friend arrived home and Carter forced them into the house through the car port door, the report said.

According to police reports, Carter struck the male victim in the head with a revolver and demanded his money and cell phone.

Carter then allegedly told the man to leave and as he was leaving, struck him in the back of the head and took his money, jewelry and some other items, the report said.

Carter also tried to take his wife's purse, but saw her car keys and took her car instead, police reports said.

Carter was arrested on charges of armed robbery and aggravated battery.

Man charged with DUI, unlawful parking after stopping in road

BUFORD - Police came upon a Buford man whose black Audi was stopped on South Bogan Road while the man was standing next to the car and zipping up his pants at 3:49 a.m. Saturday, according to reports.

When police asked Roberto Lugo-Gallardo, 25, why he was urinating on the side of the road, Lugo-Gallardo reportedly responded that he "really had to go."

The police report said that Lugo-Gallardo, who said he'd had three beers that night with the last being three hours before, said he lived right around the corner from where he'd stopped his car.

When asked why he couldn't wait until he got home, the reports said Lugo-Gallardo responded that he had a "peeing problem" and had to go to prevent urinating on himself.

After conducting field sobriety tests, Lugo-Gallardo was arrested for driving under the influence of alcohol, disorderly conduct and unlawful parking.


Police: Man hits pedestrian, flees

BETHLEHEM - A man was arrested after he fled an accident, having hit a pedestrian, police said.

Police said Neil Ericson, 23, of Bethlehem struck a juvenile pedestrian at Ga. Highway 81 and Carl Bethlehem Road, then fled in his Nissan Maxima.

Police followed Ericson to Punkin Junction Road at Hill's Point Road following the accident at 5:53 p.m. June 6, according to a police report. Ericson eventually pulled over and told police the juvenile had told him he was OK, and walked off, the report said.

The juvenile claimed that his leg and head hurt, and was going to the hospital, the report said. Ericson's windshield was broken and a hubcap was missing. He was charged with leaving the scene of an accident and attempting to elude a police officer.

- From staff reports