Saturday, July 9, 2005
© Copyright 2013
Gwinnett Daily Post
BUFORD - A cigarette tossed into a trash can caused a house fire Friday afternoon at 6002 Lanier Heights Circle.
Firefighters were called at 12:21 p.m. by an occupant, who reported an upstairs bedroom was on fire, said Gwinnett Fire Department spokesman Thomas Rutledge.
No one was injured and the fire was kept to the bedroom, which received extensive fire damage, Rutledge said. The rest of the house sustained moderate smoke damage.
"The fire was caused by a carelessly discarded cigarette in a trash can," Rutledge said.
The family was displaced Friday night but did not require Red Cross assistance, Rutledge said.